Monastry of Santa Clara-a-Nova
The Monastery of Santa Clara-a-Nova is also known as the Convent of Holly Quenn Elizabeth, was erected in the 17th century, the works would not be finished until the late 18th century, with the conclusion of the cloister, the gatehouse and the aqueduct.
It is an important repository of portuguese art from the 14th to 18th centuries.
In the rich Mannerist-style church, the place of honor lies with the silver tomb with crystal glasses containing the uncorrupted body of Queen Santa Isabel, since 1696. Master Pero's original tomb on a single stone (that was commissioned by the queen herself) is located in the low choir, where polychromatic wood panels tell the story of his life.